Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Baby 2.0: Twelve Weeks (and life update)!

Maaaan, how life has changed since my last post in February 2014.

Shortly after my last post, Clay and I attended a marriage conference at Church of the Highlands.  It really opened our eyes to the lives we had been living for the last year and a half.  After Bryson was born, our lives changed more than we could have ever imagined.  When I went back to work, I left the house at 6:40 AM to drop him off at daycare and get to work by 7:30.  I often worked through lunch, and got home at 5:30-5:40 PM.  My nightly to do list was full, but the time to accomplish it was limited.

By the time I crossed everything off the list, Clay was often asleep.  We went weeks without spending any quality time together.  Even on weekends, we didn't want to let Bryson stay with grandparents because that was our best shot at real time with him.  Our marriage was fine, and we weren't having any problems, but with the way we had been living, it couldn't have continued.  As Clay says it, we were living each day for the next and that's no way to live.

Seriously, being a working mom is not for the feint of heart.  It takes a great deal of emotional strength, endurance and mental toughness.

At the conference, Clay felt as though God was telling him to trust that He had a plan for us.  We began discussing it and decided that it was time for me to walk away from the Corporate world and put my all into my AdvoCare business.  Making that change has been nothing short of amazing for us.  Not only is my business thriving, but our family is flourishing.  It moves me to tears to think of what it's done for us.  I get to live in the present now and really slow down and enjoy Bryson.  I don't live my life based off what the clock says any longer AND I finally get to make a difference with the work I do.

I know that what I do isn't for everybody, but it is for me, and I LOVE it.  I finally feel like I'm really working for something and not just doing a job for a paycheck.
 ________________________________________

Earlier this year, we decided to go ahead and put our house back on the market.  In April, we got an offer and had to move pretty quickly as she wanted to close and take possession in three weeks!  We said goodbye for the very last time on May 4.


We are currently renting a townhouse while we wait on our new home to be built.  I am anxiously awaiting the amazing kitchen, incredible bathroom, huge laundry room and maaaassive bonus space!  Eek!  
 ________________________________________

Before we got the offer on our house, we got two pink lines on a pregnancy test on our second month of trying.  Moving during first trimester nausea and fatigue was a whoooole lot of fun!  


We got to see him/her for the first time on April 22.  That little heartbeat was just as amazing as Bryson's always was.  Best sound in the world.  

We have A LOT of people on Team Girl - I guess since we already have a boy.  



How far along? 12 weeks
Baby's size: The baby is roughly the size of a plum (2.1 inches long and .49 ounces)
Total weight gain/loss: So far, 2 pounds.
Stretch marks? So far, so good.
Sleep? With so much going on in our lives right now, my mind doesn't want to turn off.  I fall asleep fine, but if I wake up for anything, I'm up for 2-3 hours at a time.  The crazy thing is that I'm not even thinking about the baby, but things we need for the new house, how to make moving easier with a new baby either almost here or a braaaand new baby.  
Maternity clothes? Since I wear elastic pants all the time now (SAHM uniform, you know?!), I'm in my regular clothes.  Even my tighter AdvoGear fits, but there's a definite bump. 
Best moment this week: At our 12-week appointment, I got to record the heartbeat.  He/She swam away every time I hit record.  Little stinker.  Nice and strong at 156!
Worst Moment: Nerves.  Not being able to feel the baby always makes me really nervous.  I try to believe that all is okay, but it's tough!
Symptoms: I'm following the same path I did with Bryson.  As most of the nausea passed and energy came back, I started getting more frequent headaches.  Two Tylenol and half a Spark actually help a lot.  I've also been sick with some sinus junk I can't get over.  Thanks, baby, for stealing my immune system.  
Miss Anything? Sleeping all night and liking vegetables.   
Movement: I felt flutters remarkably early.  No real movement yet, but I can feel bubbles right under my belly button a lot.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Chicken.  Well, meat in general.
Gender: Absolutely no idea.
What is baby up to? Most of the vital body systems are formed, and will begin maturing, meaning the organs and tissues will grow and develop quickly. His/her reflexes are developing, and (s)he's curling her fingers and toes AND (s)he's making the sucking motion with his/her mouth. The brain and kidneys are developing rapidly; (s)he's even beginning to teetee! With Bryson, I thought that was cute, but now all I can think is that (s)he's peeing in the water she breathes in.  Gross.  

Here is Bryson's 12-week post for comparison.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, good to see you back! I've wondered at times how you were doing, and then today your blog popped up in my reader. Congrats on baby #2!

    ReplyDelete

Anniversary