![]() |
| I so love how self pictures with my iPhone make my nose look so wide. |
I'm a romantic, but until dating Clay, I hated Valentine's Day. I'm one of those that prefers to be romantic on a Wednesday just because I love you, not because the calendar says I'm supposed to be. Having a regular Valentine (and one that I'll spend the holiday with for the rest of my life) has changed my opinion. We still don't do much, but do go eat somewhere special and spend quality time together. To me, time with my honey is the most valuable gift in the world.
Instead of celebrating on the 14th since it's a weekday during busy season, we planned to go on our hot date Saturday night instead. I had to meet the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Junior Board downtown Saturday morning, so stopped by Dunkin' Donuts on my way out to get two heart-shaped doughnuts for Clay. I planned to get chocolate, but they were out, so I settled for red and pink. (Fun fact #453 about me: I HATE red and pink together.)

I spent the morning and early afternoon visiting my grandparents then headed home to get ready for my big date. I was a little early and decided to sneak in some extra snuggle time with Clay before getting ready. I told him I had something for him and made him hold out his hands and close his eyes before giving him the doughnuts. Much to my surprise, he said he had something for me too and went off to our room. When he returned, he made me close my eyes and hold out my hands!!
He placed a black bag in my hands and when I took the tissue paper out, there was a little black jewelry box inside. I was not expecting that! I opened the box to find a beautiful pair of saltwater pearl stud earrings. I've never had pearls before!!

They are BEAUTIFUL and even though I had had my outfit for the night planned for a week, I changed my mind to make sure I could wear my new beauties! I'm a dodo and forgot to charge my camera battery, so I don't have a picture of us. :( (The picture above is before church, not our date. He just wanted to have a picture of me in them.)
We went to Firebird's, our usual anniversary/special occasion place. He loves their steak and I love their creme brulee cheesecake. After stuffing ourselves, we decided we were too tired for a movie (at 8:15 PM LOL) and ended up buying a movie at a Blockbuster that's closing instead. I'm perfectly content being an old couple that spends their Valentine's Day date on the couch. As cheesy as it is, all that matters is that I'm spending my time with him!
I have been working on a little surprise for him and planned to make his favorite meal tomorrow night, but now I really have to step up my game!
What are you doing for your Valentine?












hehe i am lame like that too. i love early nights relaxing with my husband! hehe. :)
ReplyDelete